EDC Deputy Chief of Party Jobs 2021 – Zambia Jobs. EDC Zambia programme looking for “Deputy Chief of Party“. Applicants with a Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration may apply Open until the position is filled.
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC Deputy Chief of Party Jobs 2021
The EDC has published a job vacancy announcement on 8 June 2021 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Deputy Chief of Party to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||Education Development Center (EDC)|
|Position||Deputy Chief of Party|
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Qualification||Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration|
|Experience Required||At least six years|
|Application Deadline||Open until the position is filled|
EDC Job Vacancy 2021
Job Purpose: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) Field Operations will be an integral part of the USAID Let’s Read Senior Management Team and will lead on coordinating issues pertaining to field implementation and operations. The DCOP – Field Operations will coordinate operational and logistic issues with Provincial Office Managers, MoGE, project partners and other key stake holders to support the overall administrative management of the Let’s Read Project. S/he is expected to work closely with the Chief of Party (COP) and technical leads to ensure that the technical program team receives a full range of administrative and operations support efficiently and in compliance with contractor and donor regulations.
- Supervise and provide guidance on bulk procurements in close coordination with Procurement Manager and EDC Home Office team;
- Facilitate activity planning at project offices to ensure coordinated support for program implementation and for cost effective and compliant procurement processes;
- Organize weekly meetings and quarterly planning activities, as necessary;
- Oversee status of vendor contracts, ensuring timely payment and follow up on contracted deliverables;
- Support the Procurement Manager and Project Managers to manage clear and compliant documentation of procurement steps;
- Supervise the timely preparation of inventory management documents, with verification and submission on a regular basis for EDC internal regulations and funder requirements;
- Lead planning efforts for teaching and learning materials as well as IT equipment distribution.
- At least six years of relevant work experience in a managerial capacity;
- Familiarity with USAID regulations;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications;
- Knowledge in preparing effective presentations and reports;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team of professionals;
- Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive tasks professionally and with high quality;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Must be able to work within a cross cultural setting, negotiate diplomatically, and function well under pressure;
- Ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team in difficult work environment; and
- Willingness to travel to provinces covered by the project.
- Demonstrated experience working in similar managerial capacity.
- Demonstrated experience in operation management, and procurement processes including experience working with geographically dispersed teams. Familiarity with USAID regulations. Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or relevant field.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply EDC Deputy Chief of Party Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: Open until the position is filled
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.