Abt Associates Public Financial Management Specialist Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. Abt Associates Zambia programme looking for “Public Financial Management Specialist”. Applicants with A Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 10 June 2022.
Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it’s welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world’s most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask “What if?” We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
Abt Associates Public Financial Management Specialist Jobs 2022
The Abt Associates has published a job vacancy announcement on 28 May 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Public Financial Management Specialist to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Position||Public Financial Management Specialist|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Eight years|
|Application Deadline||10 June 2022|
Abt Associates Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: Abt Associates seeks a qualified Public Financial Management (PFM) Specialist to join the International Development Division on the Supporting an Aids Free Era (SAFE) project in Zambia. The USAID-funded SAFE project is led by John Snow International and Abt Associates is a sub-contractor. On this project, Abt Associates is responsible for activities involving capacity development in public financial management systems strengthening. The project is providing technical assistance to the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Finance and sub-national level to strengthen public financial management systems, particularly in the use of Microsoft Dynamics NAV (NAV) in effort to improve accountability and transparency in budget execution. This, in turn, will impact SAFEâ€™s main objective: to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration. Accountable to : Public Financial Management Senior Advisor at Abt Associates, SAFE. This position will be based in Kabwe, Central Province.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and supportive supervision, coaching and mentorship to provincial, district, hospitals, health training colleges personnel to reinforce the implementation of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV. This relates more particularly to Finance, Procurement and Management staff.
- Provide technical and supportive supervision in planning and Output Based Budgeting (OBB) process through the use of Budget Management Module (BMM) in NAV and assist the MOH to review budgets and expenditures with a focus on equity, efficiency, quality, and transparency.
- Support the MOH in provinces and districts to strengthen the public financial management institutions, policies, processes and procedures that govern the use of public funds with improved compliance to the Public Finance Management Act (2018), financial regulations and procurement laws and regulations.
- Provide regular leadership trainings in the area of public financial management particularly to Non-Finance Managers in all the Sub-National Units (SNUs) where SAFE operates
- Work with Provincial Senior Accountant to provide monthly reports on the performance of provincial institutions in the use of NAV.
- Making recommendations for NAV system improvements to enhance system efficiency.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree + Eight years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Six years of relevant experience, or PhD + Two years of relevant experience
- At least six years of experience with public financial management systems, eight years of experience preferred
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
- Experience with USAID or other donor-funded programs is highly desirable
- Understanding of Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Excellent computer, communications, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to write technical papers and reports
- Excellent networking and work relations with the government and health partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, ACCA or equivalent.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Abt Associates Public Financial Management Specialist Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 10 June 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.