260 Brands Human Resources Officer Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. 260 Brands Zambia programme looking for “Human Resources Officer”. Applicants with A Diploma in Human Resources may apply on or before June 10, 2022.
Part of 260 Brands Africa, Seba Foods (Z) Ltd is an African consumer goods manufacturer based in Zambia. We provide ‘value-for-money’ products that consumers can trust and feel good about. The company`s products have become household names in Zambia, priding themselves in very high-quality products through well-known brands such as Golden Goodness, Emilios and Instant Thobwa. We manufacture, market and distribute reasonably priced consumer products inspired by local tastes, made from the best African raw ingredients that contribute to our consumer’s well-being. Our local brands that are trusted and loved by our consumers are the most valuable asset we have. Our products must always be high-quality and a source wellness and pride. We empower local farmers and small businesses by locally sourcing inputs and materials whenever we can.We believe in creating mutually beneficial relationships. If we prosper, so should our consumers, employees, customers, suppliers and the community.
260 Brands Human Resources Officer Jobs 2022
The 260 Brands has published a job vacancy announcement on May 26, 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Human Resources Officer to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Position||Human Resources Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Diploma in Human Resources|
|Experience Required||At least Five years|
|Application Deadline||June 10, 2022|
260 Brands Job Vacancy 2022
The HR Officer shall report directly to the HR Manager. The HR Officer will be responsible for providing assistance to the developing, planning and implementing human resource daily operations, programs and policies as well as ensuring administrative and compliance duties are carried out successfully. Opportunities for advancement to more senior leadership pending demonstration of good performance.
The Human Resource officer role will provide key support to the HR Manager by carrying out core responsibilities listed below, at the discretion of the HR Manager:
- Recruitment of top talent for all Company Departments, utilizing advertising campaigns, school and university relationships, and website presence to promote employment opportunities
- Screening candidates in preliminary interviews for final interviews by Heads of Departments
- Manage onboarding documentation requirements for newly hired employees
- Collaboration with Heads of Departments with employee contract management, including employee contract changes in conditions, contract renewals and probation extensions, preparing resignation/termination acknowledgement letters and conducting exit interviews
- Research and make recommendations for improved employee retention; coordinate and implement staff retention initiatives where necessary Compensation
- Ensuring compliance with legal and cultural expectations when it comes to employee compensation
- Assist in payroll preparation by inputting relevant data into Belina software database, such as new employees, departed employees, changes in conditions for existing staff contracts, loans/shortages, mid-month payments, etc.
- Ensure proper payroll administration practices are carried out by ensuring appropriate documentation is maintained and payslips are distributed timely to staff
- Discussing raises and other compensation increases and/or decreases with employees in the organization; calculating and distributing bonuses at end of year
- Implements employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management Employee and Labour Relations
- Handles disciplinary management issues by counseling and advising employees, and counseling HODs and managers on issuing verbal warnings and warning letters; conduct investigations where necessary
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing staff demands, grievances or other issues; troubleshoot inquiries and conduct investigations where necessary; mediate disputes between employees and other employees as well as between employees and supervisors
- Handles cases of theft and any associated legal procedures
- Represents the company in labour-related court hearings and disputes
- Discussing employee rights with unions, management, and stakeholders; participate in union negotiations where necessary
- Develop and implement human resources policies and procedures; Counsels managers and employees in the interpretation and application of corporate policies and procedures.
- Acting as the voice of the organization and/or the voice of the employees during any broader organizational issues pertaining to employee welfare
- Remain visual on the production floor each week for employee communication and awareness & field HR inquiries
- Support CEO with development and implementation of an organizational culture that is positive, nurtures talent and helps staff feel a part of a successful, purpose driven business and to see impact they’re having in through the work they do
- Support CEO with engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital, including dissemination of employee engagement surveys, coordinating team building events, etc.
Key Qualifications & Requirements
- 3-5+ years’ experience in progressively responsible human resource roles in a manufacturing environment preferred, including combined 2+ years of experience in Labor Relations and Employee Relations and 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role
- Diploma in Human Resources or a related field,
- Broad knowledge and skills in Human Resources principles and practices including knowledge of Employment Code Act, staffing and recruitment practices, compensation & benefits, employee relations, policy development and implementation and supporting diversity
- Strong PC application skills including MS Office programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Member of ZIHRM
- Has hands-on experience with employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, investigations and court hearings
- Belina software experience a plus;
Skills & Characteristics:
- Demonstrates a high-level of integrity, a strong depth of knowledge, provides a wide range of HR concepts and takes a leadership role in various HR initiatives and projects.
- Ability to listen well, comprehend and analyze situations; excellent critical thinking and decision making skills
- Ability to develop effective working relationships within all areas of the company
- Is able to handle payroll information and personal information with sensitivity and care
- Excellent managerial skills and able to motivate and inspire lower level staff to achieve optimal performance
- Able to pay close attention to detail and carry out basic, accurate calculations
- Embodies a strong work ethic
- Position: Human Resources Officer
- Business: Seba Foods Zambia Limited
- Work-level: Junior Management (J4)
- Location: Lusaka, Zambia
- Reports to: Quality Manager
How to Apply 260 Brands Human Resources Officer Jobs 2022
Interested applicants, please fill out the Assessment Survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/922R7Q7
Please also email a cover letter and CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org, with ‘HR Officer’ written in the subject line.